This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.journoportfolio.com (the Site) you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. Journo Portfolio Ltd (we/us/the Company) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by e-mail. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site and our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, amongst other information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, by way of general example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works by, for example, ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Intercom, Stripe, PayPal and Braintree
- Our Site uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (www.google.com). Google Analytics uses methods that allow you to analyse the use of the site, such as "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer. The generated information about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server and stored there.
- By activating the IP anonymity on this website, the IP address is shortened before transmission within the Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. The anonymized IP address provided by Google Analytics from your browser will not be merged with other Google data.
- You can prevent Google's processing of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and your use of the website, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link : Http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Alternatively to the browser plug-in, you can click this link to prevent Google Analytics from being tracked on this site in the future. An opt-out cookie is stored on your terminal. If you delete your cookies, you must click the link again.
- From time to time, we may undertake several data behaviour analytics and usage may be tracked in third party analytics systems like other than just Google Analytics, including HotJar and Amplitude for the improvement of our Site and Services.
Uses made of the information
- Our Site uses Intercom as a support service and Stripe, PayPal and Braintree for billing all of our Services. These services are provided by the companies Intercom R&D Unlimited Company, Stripe, Inc. and PayPal Holdings, Inc. (together, the ‘Providers’)
- When you visiting our Site, your browser connects directly to the servers of Intercom, Stripe, PayPal and Braintree. The providers get the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a profile or are not logged in at the moment. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a server of the respective provider and stored there. If you are logged in to one of the services, the vendors can directly assign their website to your profile on Stripe, Intercom, PayPal or Braintree. The information is also stored in the social network and show it to your contacts.
- For the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by these providers, as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy, please refer to the data protection guidelines of the providers.
Disclosure of your information
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations to provide you our Services;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or about other services we may provide in the future;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To email customers as part of having an account including their password resets, security info and other important notices about their portfolio and our Services.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store your personal data
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the Company Address.
- The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Journo Portfolio Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10554685.Our registered office address is 9 Perseverance Works, Kingsland Road, London, United Kingdom, E2 8DD and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.